"Sometimes I think:
What will people think of me
When I'm only just a memory
When I'm only just a memory
When I'm home where my soul belongs?
Was I love when no one else would show up?
Was I Jesus to the least of those?"
This song by Sidewalk Prophets has resonated with me for the past year or so. At first, this "idea" was more of, "Yea, I'll work on that. I'll change my attitude and everyone will see Jesus through me." Then about 6 or 7 months ago, I began to really get an urge to do more things specifically for God's glory. I have always had the desire pushed way back somewhere in my heart to be an international missionary. However, #1 I have no doubt I'm suppose to be in Paragould at this point, and #2 after doing my thing in Fayetteville, I really didn't want go through another move by myself. Although I will never regret that decision, it's just an emotional ordeal that I'd rather not do alone again. Then I thought of local things I could do and was drawing a blank. So I just started doing "random acts of kindness" every now and then, and decided I'd be the best teacher I could be and that would be enough. That's when God started moving and where my last blog came in. I know in that one I said I'd continue it in a week or two....it's been 6 months. I'm a procrastinator, what can I say? Since I made this mystery decision in August, I wasn't saying much to many people just in case I changed my mind. There was a time when I was backtracking, but that was just cold feet. I have said a lot that I'm so thankful to God for these Christian musicians that He has put in the position to encourage us listeners. There have been many artists singing about the "least of these" and truly loving others as He has loved us in quite a few songs on the radio that has reinforced, "Yes, this is what God has called me do." So, I will be starting 2013 off with opening up my home to the least of these and becoming a foster mom.
I'll first address the obvious questions:
Just one at a time (unless it's a special case)
I'd like to stick with infants (at first)
I am able to post pictures on FB but no names...so look for "new addition", "baby girl", or "baby boy" on the captions.
I am able to post pictures on FB but no names...so look for "new addition", "baby girl", or "baby boy" on the captions.
And no I'm not planning on adopting (But when do my plans matter?)
Now, why am I not doing this? I am not doing this to be able to say "Look at me, I'm awesome", because I'm not. I am not doing this because I am so sick of all this free, personal, do-whatever-I-want time that I have on my hands. I am not doing this because I really think getting 5 hours of sleep a night will be good for me. I am not doing this because of any benefit to me.
I am doing this because IT IS what God has placed in my path and I have to be obedient. I am doing this because we are called as Christians to care for the least of these: the hungry, thirsty, poor, needy, sick, or imprisoned. And I am doing this for God's kingdom and glory alone.
I thought when I first started this entry that I'd try to explain all the cool separate paths that all came together to get me to this point. Then when I tried to type it out, it was much too intricate. So all I'll say about that is God is really a and The Grand Designer, and I've only experienced the beginning.
Now that I've said all I think I wanted to, I do want to throw out there that I am in need. If anyone reading this has baby things: anything from clothes (NB to 18 months/boy and girl) to a crib that I could buy for an AMAZING price or borrow (depending on the item of course), that would be a life saver. I do already have a few things but not near enough. I would appreciate any help. My house should be opened sometime in January, but I will keep everyone posted on when. I would also appreciate constant prayers. I haven't gotten to the point of being scared to do this on my own, but I'm sure it'll happen.
I'd like to finish this up with Audio Adrenaline's lyrics from their song Kings & Queens: "Every child has a dream to belong and be loved....If not us, who will be like Jesus to the least of these?"

No comments:
Post a Comment